We make this manual available to assist you in protecting your right to access to information and your right to (informational) privacy.
Access to Information
In terms of your constitutional right of access to information and the Promotion of Access to Information Act (2 of 2000), you may request access to any information about us or held by us, subject to these conditions:
- You need that information to exercise or protect your rights;
- The legal grounds for refusal don’t apply to your request;
- You have duly completed Form C : Request for Access to Record of Private Body and sent to our Information Officer;
- You have paid the prescribed fee(s).
In terms of your constitutional right to privacy and the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013), you may at any time, free of charge, request us to confirm whether or not we process personal information about you, and a full description of that information.
- Contact our Information Officer with a :-
- request for access, confirmation or a description of the personal information we process about you;
- completed Form 1 : Objection to the Processing of Personal Information
- completed Form 2 : Request for Correction or Deletion of Personal Information or Destroying or Deletion of Record of Personal Information